Vietnamese Deputy Project Director
Cowater is currently recruiting for a long-term Vietnamese Deputy Project Director for a tender in Vietnam. The objective of the project is to provide support to the State Bank of Vietnam through the provision of three long-term advisors. Key outputs of the project will include:
- The provision of technical assistance to Banking Supervision Agency (BSA) staff in assessing, drafting, and revising bank regulations and licensing, moving towards international standards (Basel II) and in conformity with the new Vietnamese legal context;
- The provision of technical assistance to BSA in developing, implementing, and revising banking supervisory procedures, consultation mechanisms, tools and systems;
- The provision of support to BSA in procuring complementary IT supervisory tools, systems and support services; and
- The provision of technical assistance to BSA and selected State Bank of Vietnam departments on strategic planning, gender-responsive HR practices, ongoing policy dialogue, and supervisory models.
The full-time Vietnamese Deputy Project Director will be based in Hanoi. S/he will be responsible for working closely and in a complementary fashion with the Field Project Director to effectively lead and manage the project. S/he will be responsible for office administration, personnel management, field operations and procurement. Responsibilities will include (inter alia):
- Working with the Field Project Director to oversee and manage project personnel and operations;
- Contributing to the development of annual work plans and budgets, and ensuring effective coordination, implementation and monitoring of approved project activities;
- Contributing to the timely and accurate preparation of progress reports using results-based management approaches;
- In tandem with the Field Project Director, overseeing, administering, supervising and managing performance of all project staff;
- Assisting the Field Project Director in tracking project sub-activities including the coordination and sequencing of their delivery;
- Assisting the Field Project Director in complying with all contractual matters and other applicable Vietnamese laws and regulations;
- Liaising with and maintaining good working relations with Vietnamese Project Management Unit project staff and other government partners;
- Providing support to Field Project Director in identifying, mobilizing and contracting international technical specialists, consultants and local staff in Vietnam;
- Providing other project managerial and administrative responsibilities, as needed;
- Acting on behalf of the Field Project Director in his/her absence;
- Assisting with synthesizing and disseminating lessons learned and best practices and contributing to project reports, brochures, newsletters, summaries, presentations, evaluations and other materials;
- Maintaining current knowledge of banking reform issues and developments in Vietnam and Southeast Asia as well as general trends in the international community regarding banking supervision principles; and
- Carrying out other duties as assigned by the Field Project Director.
- At least a Bachelor degree, ideally a combination of a Bachelor and a Masters degree or higher in business administration, commerce, finance, accounting or social sciences;
- At least 5 years of experience in financial regulatory environment; and
- At least 5 years of experience in project management in areas such as: office administration, personnel management, or procurement using international best practices of large (5 million dollars or more) multi-year projects.
- Experience leading multidisciplinary teams of experts or professionals; preferably in the financial sector context;
- Experience in performance-based management procedures; preferably results-based management;
- Experience in managing institutional capacity development projects; and
- Experience in working in low or middle income countries; preferably in Asia.
Interested candidates can visit http://cowater.resume-management.com/apply to register their interest in this position. Please be sure to select ?Vietnamese Deputy Project Director? under ?Current Open Positions? on the registration page.
Closing is May 15th. We thank all of those who apply, but only those making the short-list will be contacted.
Back to All Current Opportunities