Project Manager / Internal Audit Expert
Cowater's Public Financial Management and Accountability Group is actively recruiting for consultants with strong internal audit expertise.
Cowater is looking for experts available for postings to project sites overseas for periods ranging from 1 to 24 consecutive months. Please clearly indicate your preference for short-term (< 4 consecutive months), medium term (4-12 months) or long-term (>12 consecutive months) assignments.
Individuals applying for the overseas expert positions should demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- Professional accounting designation;
- Professionally qualified internal auditor with a minimum of 10 years experience in internal audit, of which at least 5 years are in government internal audit;
- Experienced project manager with a demonstrated ability to lead and manage teams;
- At least 5 years experience in leading consultancy assignments;
- Experience working on projects in less developed countries or countries in transition;
- Experience with audit software and IT auditing; and
- Excellent writing skills (reports and manuals).
Examples of the duties sometimes required on consultancies in this field may include:
- Review the internal audit function in a counterpart government department;
- Perform (or review) a skills gap analysis for internal auditors;
- Develop internal audit strategies;
- Recommend legal and governance structures required for a modern and independent internal audit function;
- Provide an action plan for the adoption of international standards;
- Develop internal audit procedures and manuals;
- Develop a training plan and deliver training in internal audit, including coaching counterparts through pilot audits;
- Develop quality assurance mechanisms; and
- Provide training on the use of audit software.
Please submit your CV through this link: http://cowater.resume-management.com/apply.
Back to All Current Opportunities