Senior Governance Specialist
Cowater is seeking a permanent, full-time Project Manager/Governance Specialist for our Ottawa headquarters. This person will manage and provide technical input to governance and public sector reform projects in developing and transitional countries. This position will involve periodic international travel.
- graduate degree in public administration, business administration, economics, finance or accounting (or professional qualification).
- at least 15 years of consulting experience working on projects in developing or transitional economies;
- proven skills and theoretical expertise in public sector management, public sector governance, and public financial management;
- knowledge of governance structures and systems at national, sub-national or local levels;
- demonstrated skills and leadership in addressing governance challenges based on analysis of the organizational and institutional dynamics of reforms and/or demand side initiatives;
- proven project management experience as a Team Leader or Deputy Team Leader on relevant consulting assignments; and
- preference will be given to individuals with experience managing large, long-term projects involving multi-million dollar budgets.
- excellent writing skills (reports, manuals);
- strong interpersonal communications;
- English essential; and
- experience with Results Based Management an asset.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title "Senior Governance Specialist".
We thank all those that apply, but only those candidates making the shortlist will be contacted.
Back to All Current Opportunities